Frankston Special Developmental School offers an Early Education Program specifically designed for pre-school children with significant developmental delay. The program caters for children above 4 years & 8 months at the 1st of January on the year of entry.
The program is located in the East Karingal Kindergarten, in close proximity to Frankston SDS, offering unique opportunities for inclusion. It is run by staff qualified in both early childhood and special education.
The program offers:
- A developmental play focus with ongoing assessment.
- Inclusion with mainstream children in the East Karingal Kindergarten.
- Access to physiotherapy, occupational and speech therapy.
- Toilet training program.
- Varied communication methods eg, Picture Exchange Communication System, Cued Articulation, Auslan.
- Independent living skills.
- Parent Support.
The school supports the families in choosing an appropriate school age placement.
How to enrol:
- Contact the school
- Provide any relevant information/assessment
- Proof of eligibility (evidence of a developmental delay)